Congenital Cardiac Diseases
Acquired Cardias Diseases
Other Pediatric Cardiac Diseases
Pediatric Cardiac Diseases Symptoms
Diagnosis Of Pediatric Cardiac Diseases
Departments Specific To The Children
• Ass. Prof. Önder DOKSÖZ, MD
DIAGNOSIS OF PEDIATRIC CARDIAC DISEASES
Following a careful general cardiac examination for the diagnosis of pediatric cardiac diseases;
• Symptoms of examination are cross-checked with examinations such as EKG, telecardiography (taking chest film of the patient as standing, at 2 m distance to x-ray tube), echocardiography.
• If a patient has infection, is pale, hemogram and biochemical analyses are carried out or more detailed blood analysis is carried out. Especially, catheter- angiocardiography, MR (magnetic resonance) examinations are performed for congenital cardiac diseases.
• 24-hour HOLTER EKG is applied for dysrhythmia and HOLTER- blood measurements are performed for hypertension.
• Cardiac diseases of children should be examined at a general hospital by pediatric cardiologist, pediatric cardiac surgery team and proper technical opportunities and treated.